Deadline: November 15, 2018
Applications are open for the Africa Foresight Group Fellowship 2019. The AFG is looking for dynamic and passionate fellows to support their Accra team starting in January 2019.
The AFG Fellowship is a great opportunity for recent graduates, young professionals and aspiring business leaders who want to gain and deepen their experience in business consulting, market research and the African business landscape more generally. The AFG Fellow will support the Accra team on a variety of client engagements across the different service lines of AFG (research, think tank, business advisory, data & analytics). Also work alongside AFG’s Business Development Manager and Head of Strategic Initiatives to build out new service lines at AFG and to win new business.
- You will become an integral part of a dynamic, exciting and fast-growing African company
- Work with an international team and on a variety of exciting and high-profile projects
- Develop your leadership skills by taking on increasing responsibilities
- Opportunity to become a full-time team member or to be added to the AFG Talent Pool upon successfully completing the Fellowship
- Benefit from learning opportunities during team retreats, training sessions and 1:1 coaching
- A friendly, non-hierarchical working atmosphere
- Competitive stipend, a return flight to Accra and assistance with housing/housing allowance
- Open to recent graduates, young professionals and aspiring business leaders;
- Preferably a Master’s or MBA degree with previous relevant work experience (at least 1 year, excluding national service), e.g. full-time work or extensive internships;
- Strong stakeholder-oriented communication skills, excellent written and verbal communication;
- Very good business acumen and good understanding of the African business landscape;
- Solid command of MS Office (particularly Word, PPT, Excel, Office);
- Team-player attitude and general openness for new terrains and for business travel;
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of French and local African languages a plus;
- Demonstrated passion for fostering private sector development in Africa and for promoting African excellence;
- Availability to work full-time in Accra for the duration of 3 months (extension possible), starting first week of January 2019.
For more information, visit AFG.