Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) Fellowship Program at New York University 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 1, 2018
The Center for Ballet and the Arts at New York University (NYU) is an international research institute for artists and scholars of ballet and its related arts and sciences. It exists to inspire new ideas and new ballets, expanding the way we think about the art form’s history, practice, and performance in the 21st century.
The CBA Fellowship Program invites artists and scholars to The Center to develop self-directed projects that expand the way they think about ballet. Fellows come from a multitude of disciplines and bring a breadth of experience to the residency. They are not required to be experts in ballet. The fellowship provides time for fellows to do their work and a place to share their expertise and thinking with one another.
- Use of CBA’s dance studio, offices, and conference rooms
- Housing, as needed and available
- Round trip transportation to and from New York City
- J-1 visa facilitation
Resident Fellows and Fellows for the Study of Russia and Ballet are awarded $750 per week. Virginia B. Toulmin Fellows receive $2,500 per week.
For all CBA Fellowships:
- Scholar or artist pursuing an original project related to ballet and its related arts and sciences
- Applicants applying as scholars must have Ph.D.
- Applicants must show exceptional promise and/or have demonstrated significant accomplishments in their field.
- Ballet expertise not required.
- Students are not eligible.
For Virginia B. Toulmin Fellowship for Women Leaders in Dance:
- Women creator (e.g. composer, choreographer) in the field of dance pursuing an original project related to ballet and its related arts and sciences
For Fellowship for the Study of Russia and Ballet:
- Scholar pursuing an original project related to Russia and Ballet
In addition to the application form, applicants must submit a resume, 2 work samples, and 2 letters of recommendation. All applications must be in English.
For more information, visit CBA Fellowship Program.