Sundance Institute Theatre Program for Artists in US and MENA 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Applications for the Sundance Institute Theatre Program 2019 are now open. The Program provides a catalytic process of artistic development for independent theatre-makers in the U.S. and globally, using a range of artist-driven engagement opportunities that connect, support and sustain artists and their projects across their careers.
Led by Artistic Director Philip Himberg and Producing Director Christopher Hibma, the Sundance Institute Theatre Program emphasizes intensive short-term interactions with high-level artistic mentors, held within the context of retreat settings removed from commercial pressures and other demands of contemporary life. It is Sundance’s hope that Lab experiences are transformative on both personal-artistic and project-specific levels.
The Sundance Institute provides:
- Roundtrip economy airfare and airport transfers;
- Private accommodation and three meals/day;
- 520 USD/week stipend = $1560 USD total;
- Financial support to secure travel visas (if needed).
- Additionally, the program provides actors, dramaturgs, rehearsal space, and stage management for the collaborative team working on each project.
- Open to theatre artists from the United States and the Middle East & North Africa (MENA)
Please note that the online application is reserved for US-based artists only. Artists from outside the U.S. must submit all materials directly to [email protected]
For more information, visit Sundance Institute.