Devos Institute Global Arts Management Fellowship 2019-2021 (Fully-funded to Washington, DC)
Deadline: December 1, 2018
Applications are open for the Devos Institute Global Arts Management Fellowship 2019-2021. Designed for individuals who have dedicated themselves to management, rather than artistic leadership, the program supports leaders in positions of decision-making authority in developing, implementing, and refining organizational strategies over a three-year, cohort-based engagement.
- Intensive, practical training in artistic & strategic planning, marketing, fundraising, board development, finance, community engagement, and evaluation;
- Access to leaders of cultural institutions from throughout the United States, including site visits to select institutions
- Intensive, collaborative group work
- Ongoing personalized mentoring, both during and between the month-long residencies
- Air and ground transportation between Washington, D.C. and their state or country of residence
- Lodging during the Fellowship
- Per diem to cover living expenses during the Fellowship
- Visa sponsorship (for international applicants)
- Program materials
- Applicants must currently serve as the executive director (or equivalent) or the head of a major department within an arts or cultural organization in a paid, permanent capacity;
- While the program is equally equipped to serve applicants from both large and small institutions, the applicant’s organization must have at least one full-time staff member, five years of consistent programming history, and an operating budget of at least the equivalent of $250,000 USD / €220,000 EUR;
- Have an excellent command of business English, orally and written; and
- Be able to commit to the full term of the Fellowship (Washington D.C. residency dates are July 1 – 26, 2019; June 29 – July 24, 2020; and June 28 – July 23, 2021. (Fellows participate in virtual activities in between residencies).
The fellowship application process includes a Letter of Intent (LOI) followed by a Full Application for selected finalists.
- Phase One: Letter of Intent
Interested candidates are asked to submit a brief Letter of Intent using the online form no later than December 1, 2018.
- Phase Two: Invitation for Full Application
Letters of Intent will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to submit a full application no later than January 25, 2019.
- Phase Three: Interviews
Full applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to interview with Institute leadership via video conference between January and April 2019.
For more information, visit Global Arts Management Fellowship.