TakingITGlobal #RisingYouth Community Service Grants 2018 (Up to $2500)
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Do you have a simple project idea to support your community? TakingITGlobal (TIG) is looking for young people who are inspired with ideas and ready to take action through youth-led community service grants.
There are three grant levels:
- $250 for simple ideas like community events or gatherings – that can be implemented by you and your friends;
- $750 for bigger ideas that can be implemented with a small group of peers, such as building a community garden, or distributing care packages;
- $1500 for projects that involve a larger group of people to drive impact.
- Your project must be created and led by youth (15 to 30 years old);
- Your project must be service-related;
- Through the project, youth must take ownership of an issue, propose a solution and implement it at the local level;
- Activities cannot include making a donation to a charity or purchases benefitting a single individual;
- Materials and supplies purchased through the project must be given to community organizations upon completion;
- You will be required to recruit and involve peers in implementing the project;
- You must agree to report on the impact of your project in follow up.
Applications are according to the level of grants:
- Apply here for simple ideas – like community events or gatherings – that can be implemented by you and your friends. Apply by November 30, 2018
- Apply here for bigger ideas that can be implemented with a small group of peers, such as building a community garden, or distributing care packages. Apply by December 31, 2018
- Apply here for projects that involve a larger group of people to drive impact. Projects at this level of funding need a budget and a mentor or community reference to apply. Apply by December 31, 2018
For more information, visit #RisingYouth Grant.