OECD Video Competition 2018 (Win a trip to the MENA Regional Conference in Amman, Jordan)
Deadline: November 24, 2018.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD) invites entries for the 2018 Video Competition. The competition seeks a 100 second video with your ideas on the question: “How can your local government strengthen engagement with young people?.” If you are between 18 and 35 and want to make your voice heard, this is the time to be creative!
- Are you interested in being more engaged in the public life of your city?
- Do you feel young people want to participate more in the public decision-making of their cities and neighbourhoods, but find it difficult to be heard?
- Do you feel public policies and services could better respond to the needs of youth?
Make a short video (100 seconds max) that answers the question: “How can your local government* strengthen engagement with young people?” and win a trip to the MENA Regional Conference on Youth Participation and Public Life in Amman (Jordan), Automn 2019
The video author (or a single nominated representative if a team or group creation) of the winning video will be invited to attend the MENA Regional Conference on Youth Participation and Public Life in Amman (Jordan), Automn 2019.
Travel costs to and from Amman, hotel accommodation and a daily living allowance will be provided for the duration of the above-mentionned Conference.
- To be eligible for the prize, you must be aged 18-35 years during the period of this Competition (9 November 2018 to 24 November 2018). Proof of identity may be required.
- If you are a member of OECD staff (either permanent or temporary, current or former), intern, contractor, sponsor, or an immediate family member of any of the foregoing, you may participate, but are not eligible to win.
- To be eligible for the prize, you must submit your entry before 23:59 (Paris time) on 24 November 2018.
About your Video
- Your video must be no more than 100 seconds (1 minute 40 seconds) in length.
- Any spoken language used in your video that is not English or French must be accompanied by subtitles in English or French.
- Your video must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
- Your video must be your own original creation – no copyrighted music, video, sounds or images may be used.
- Your video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Your video must not have been produced for compensation or posted previously on any OECD Web page.
The qualifying video will be judged on adherence to the Competition challenge through its creativity, originality, message content and overall presentation (sound and picture quality).
Send your video to [email protected].
For more information, visit OECD Video Competition.