Musser Foundation’s Award of Excellence for PhD Candidates 2019
Deadline: December 1, 2018
Applications are open for the Musser Foundation’s Award of Excellence for PhD Candidates 2019. The Musser Foundation’s primary purpose is to promote the advancement of Turfgrass science by supporting exceptional graduate students studying in the Turfgrass specialties.
The Musser International Turfgrass Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering turfgrass as a learned profession, to enhancing the lives of people all over the world through turfgrass, and to supporting education and research in turfgrass development and management. The intent of the foundation is to recognize and honor doctoral graduate students in Turfgrass Science and related disciplines without partiality to region or special interest.
- Applicants should have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.4 for the last 2 years of undergraduate study;
- Have a thesis problem which is well conceived, soundly based on good science, with innovative new concepts and is relevant to solving key basic problems facing the Turfgrass industry;
- Extracurricular activities, which suggest strong leadership potential;
- Current research objectives in the main stream of Turfgrass science and culture;
- Candidates must be in the last year of their Ph.D. program and must have successfully completed the written and/or oral preliminary exams;
- If an applicant has attained their Ph.D. during the current calendar year (2018), they are still eligible to be a candidate for the up coming Award of Excellence.
The criteria for selecting award recipients are based on, but not limited to, the graduate student’s work, academic record, dissertation, publications, leadership and extracurricular activities.
For more information, visit Musser Foundation Award.