Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) Internship 2019 (Paid)
Deadline: November 26, 2018
Federation of Young European Greens is looking for an intern to support FYEG and the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament in their work. It is a paid full-time internship with flexible working hours.
FYEG is a dynamic, inclusive organisation that unites Young Green activists, Green youth movements and political organisations from all over Europe. It advocates and campaigns for political change, and serves as a platform for the exchange of ideas and knowledge among Young Green activists.
Duration: This full-time internship is foreseen for a period of 5 months from mid-February 2019 to mid-July 2019 (exact dates to be agreed upon).
Working time: 35 hours/week, flexible working hours.
The work will consist of:
- assisting a member of staff of the Greens/EFA group in European Parliament
- assisting FYEG Office in its daily management and implementation of the FYEG activity plan
- liaising between the Greens/EFA group and FYEG office. The intern will also be involved in organising FYEG’s events and campaigns. The intern will work under joint supervision of a Group staff member and FYEG’s Secretary General in areas according to their expertise and background.
The intern will receive a monthly allowance of 1300 EUR.
- Student (or recent graduate) with health insurance
- A good knowledge of English (both written and oral), knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- General knowledge of European politics and a strong interest in Green politics
- Good writing and computer skills
- Availability to travel abroad
- Showing initiative, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Commitment to Green values and experience in grassroots activism through involvement or membership in FYEG Member Organisations.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter (explaining your motivation and interest in applying for this position) in one single PDF file by email to email@example.com.
In your motivation letter, please indicate 3 policy areas or topics that you are especially interested in and would like to follow in European Parliament. HERE you can find a list of topics the Greens/EFA Group is working on.
For more information, visit FYEG.