United States-ASEAN Partnership Forum Young Leader Delegate Program 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Apply to become a Young Leader Delegate to the United States-ASEAN Partnership Forum 2019. Pacific Forum, in cooperation with the US Mission to ASEAN and the Jakarta-based Habibie Center, is organizing the United States-ASEAN Partnership Forum taking place February 11-13, 2019 in Jakarta, Indonesia on the theme: Strengthening US-ASEAN Engagements for a Stable and Prosperous Indo-Pacific.
The Forum is a track II conference that will bring together Southeast Asian and American foreign policy specialists, subject-matter experts, and other thought leaders to probe key issues related to enhancing US-ASEAN relations, and promoting regional stability, sustainable growth and development, and closer people-to-people ties. In addition to senior experts, the forum will include a cohort of young scholars and policy analysts drawn from the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) and the Pacific Forum Young Leaders Program.
To qualify as a US-ASEAN Partnership Forum Young Leader participant, applicants must:
- Be in the beginning stages of his or her career;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and several years of relevant professional experience OR has completed or is in the process of completing a master’s degree or PhD;
- Be between 22 and 35 years old, but there is flexibility based on the applicant’s level of experience; and potential contribution to the dialogues;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for international diplomacy;
- Demonstrate an interest in economic, political and/or security issues, involving ASEAN (or an ASEAN country), US Asia policy, or US-ASEAN relations;
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and gain leadership experience;
- Demonstrate strong communication and teamwork skills; and
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN member state (Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Brunei, Laos) or the United States.
*Eligibility is not restricted to current Young Leaders and YSEALI members. All are welcome to apply.
For more information, visit United States-ASEAN Partnership Forum.