European Space Agency Young Graduate Trainee Program 2019 (€2,300 monthly)
Deadline: December 15, 2018
Are you about to take your finals? Or do you already have your Master’s degree? If so, apply to European Space Agency Young Graduate Trainee Program 2019. This high-calibre program lasts for one year and gives successful applicants an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the development and operation of space missions.
The European Space Agency offers a unique opportunity to work in highly dedicated teams of scientists, engineers, and other professionals, committed to ensuring that Europe remains at the forefront of space research, development and operations. They provide a distinctly multi-cultural work environment in an intellectually stimulating atmosphere.
- Gain valuable experience that can qualify you for the many exciting opportunities within Europe’s space industry, renowned research institutes and, of course, ESA
- A diverse and international environment
- One year contract
- Approximately €2,300 per month (exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States); the exact amount will depend on the location of the ESA Establishment
- Expatriation allowance, plus an installation allowance on arrival for those not resident in the country to which they are assigned
- Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (including travel expenses for spouse and children if they reside with the trainee during the contract)
- 2.5 days paid leave per month
- Health cover under ESA’s Social Security scheme
- Open to student in the final year of a Master’s degree at University or an equivalent institutes or have just graduated. Candidates are required to have completed their Master’s degree by the time they start work at ESA. (Should you already hold a PhD, please have a look at the Research Fellowship program, which will be in line with your background and level of qualification);
- Applicant must be a citizen of one of the ESA Member States or from one of the European Cooperating States, Slovenia as an Associated Member State or Canada as a Cooperating State.
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia
- Browse the ESA list of opportunities here.
- Select the one that best matches your interests and profile
Remember: you can only apply for one. If you apply to more than one opportunity, all applications you submitted will not be considered.
- To apply, you first have to register and create your candidate profile with your CV and motivation letter. Once you have applied, you will be able to track the status of your application.
- Candidates are selected by the relevant tutor and recruitment interviews typically take place in March.
- The take-up-duty date is then made by mutual agreement and can be any time from May to September of that same year.
For more information, visit ESA Program.