Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa) CrossCulture Fellowship Program 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: December 21, 2018
Applications are open for the Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa) CrossCulture Program 2019. The CrossCulture Program (CCP) offers young professionals and committed volunteers the opportunity to expand their area of professional expertise and to gather intercultural experience through a professional fellowship in Germany.
With the CrossCulture Program, ifa reinforces its commitment to the promotion of intercultural dialogue and exchange. In the course of the program, fellowship holders from abroad complete an eight to twelve week fellowship at an organisation in Germany. The participation in the CrossCulture Program provides fellowship holders with the opportunity to establish personal and professional contacts and to familiarise themselves with the cultural specificities and work environment in Germany.
Moreover, the CrossCulture Program offers a platform for intercultural dialogue and exchange among fellows from different countries and regions. Fellowship holders are also invited to share their experiences with their professional networks and/or community in their home country in order to promote the building and maintenance of intercultural relations and cross-national networks.
Professional fellowships are awarded for a period of eight to twelve weeks in the following terms:
- Spring term; April to June 2019
- Summer term; July to September 2019
- Autumn term; October to December 2019
- The intercultural and professional fellowship is funded by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
- Applicants should be aged between 23 and 45 years at the time of application
- Have good command of English (written and spoken)
- A minimum of two years work experience or voluntary engagement in a civil society organisation in the country of residence
- Physical constitution for a long-term stay abroad
Other desirable qualities include:
- Long-term voluntary social or societal commitment in the country of residence
- Previous professional experience in the field of activity
- Planned or existing cooperation with an organisation in Germany
- German language skills
Before starting your application, please have the following documents ready:
- Letter of motivation (download template)
- Letter of recommendation (download template)
- Photo (optional)
For more information, visit CrossCulture Program.