Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2020 (Fully-funded to Tokyo, Japan)
Deadline: July 31, 2019
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Research Fellowship Program 2020 is now open. Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
The fellowship aims to open a path to peace and prosperity on the basis of mutual understanding by bringing together active young research workers of outstanding character to Japan. By deepening their understanding of Japan, and establishing links of trust and friendship, the Foundation seeks to make a real contribution to permanent peace throughout the world.
Stipend for research and stay, Insurance, Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo) and Lump sum on arrival
Period & Number of Fellowships:
For a period of from three to six months; the number of fellowships is about 20 persons each year.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
- Applicants must be of sound health.
.Host Institution In Japan:
- Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
Download the announcement for further details.
For more information, visit Matsumae International Foundation.