ETH Zurich Student Summer Research Fellowship Program 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Applications are open for the ETH Zurich Student Summer Research Fellowship Program 2019. The Computer Science Department at ETH offers a new and interesting program that allows undergraduate and graduate students to obtain research experience in their department during the summer months.
The program is open to all students worldwide and will take place from July 1 – August 31, 2019. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
- The amount provided covers housing and living costs. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics);
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2020 or later;
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2019 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition);
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
- Language requirements: The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
After your registration SiROP offers you to affiliate with your own institution. Such an affiliation is an optional step and only available for students from universities which are part of the SiROP network. This optional step to create an affiliation is NOT required if you want to apply.
After clicking the Apply now button on the linked SiROP page you will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
For more information, visit ETH Zurich Student Summer Research Fellowship.