YGAP Accelerator Program 2019 for Entrepreneurs in South Africa
Deadline: March 22, 2019
Applications are open for the YGAP South Africa Accelerator Program 2019. The YGAP Accelerator Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate impact entrepreneurs in South Africa who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change the lives of South Africans.
YGAP is an International Development not-for-profit with an innovative approach to poverty alleviation. They back impact entrepreneurs – or as they like to call them ‘local leaders’ – with solutions to local problems in some of the world’s toughest communities. Rather than imposing their perceived solutions on a foreign community, they support the local leaders who live there and have developed their own.
- Attend the YGAP Accelerator: An intensive five day live-in workshop in Johannesburg where you join a small group of YGAP entrepreneurs and access world class entrepreneurship training designed to help you focus your business and accelerate the growth of your venture
- Access the YGAP Support Network: Beyond the accelerator you receive ongoing training and support from YGAP and they connect you to experts and professionals who can help you as you launch and grow your business. Specifically they provide you with 6 months of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for your venture). Your venture also has the opportunity to continually apply for small grants (up to R10,000) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture
- Access Growth Support & Connections: The best YGAP entrepreneurs move into growth, where they provide larger amounts of support to help you grow a model that have proven in the startup phase. At this level you can access larger rounds of funding, of over $10,000 Australian dollars (typically $25,000), are connected directly to YGAP investor partners and their team work closely with you to strategise specific approaches that will help you dramatically increase your impact and sustainability.
- Open to South African-based entrepreneurs only;
- Have already launched an enterprise that is making a difference in the lives of South Africans (by improving education, health, homes or creating good jobs);
- Want to scale their enterprise to impact many more people.
For more information, visit YGAP.