Deadline: January 21, 2019
Applications are invited for the PeaceTech Accelerator Program 2019. The PeaceTech Accelerator is an eight-week program providing intensive mentorship and training with particular emphasis on cloud technology. They work to help talented startups and nonprofits scale rapidly and sustainably.
Peacetech is recognized as the application of technology to assist civilians living in conflict and crisis zones. Startups are selected based on their ability to produce innovative technologies that manage, mitigate, predict, or prevent conflict and promote sustainable peace.
The PeaceTech Accelerator is the first major international peacetech program powered by cloud innovation and dedicated to scaling startups from around the world. The Accelerator, which is housed at the United States Institute of Peace, is a partnership between C5, PeaceTech Lab, SAP NS2 and Amazon Web Services. The program will run from February 4 – March 29, 2019.
Selected companies/organizations will receive:
- Up to $50,000 Amazon Web Services cloud credits
- $25,000 funding in return for equity for eligible companies
- The opportunity to pitch to potential investors
- Free office space for the duration of the program
- Entry into the participant alumni network
- Access to an international network of mentors and business leaders
Open to start-ups that are designing, developing and using new and innovative technologies to help to bring about the end of violent conflict and promote sustainable peace.
They have a particular focus on the following areas:
- Integrity, accountability and governance
- Countering violent extremism
- Managing resource scarcity
- Cybersecurity for stability and peacekeeping
- Veteran rehabilitation and Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (DDR) in post-conflictcountries.
- Refugee protection and care
- Preventing gender violence
For-profit applicant companies must:
- Be incorporated
- Have successfully closed seed funding rounds
- Have a a cohesive team
- Have a well-developed business plan
- Be able to scale on the cloud
- Must be registered
- Have at least $50,000 (USD) in revenues, grants etc
- Have a cohesive team
- Be able to scale on the cloud.
Selected start-ups will send 2/3 team members including the founder(s) and tech lead to attend the full program in Washington, D.C.
For more information, visit PeaceTech Accelerator.