African App Launchpad (AAL) Initiative for Start-ups 2019
Applications are open for the African App Launchpad (AAL) Initiative for Start-ups 2019. The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Egyptian and African youth and foster establishment of sustainable Egyptian and African startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets building capacity of ten thousand learners and establishing one hundred startups. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
- Free top-quality learning track in one of the advanced app and game technologies
- Prestigious international certificate after successfully completing the learning track
- Potential chance to attend a local learning group to experience cross learning and discuss business impact of the underlying technologies
- Opportunity to join startup competitions where each winning startup is awarded USD 2K in additional to possible seed fund or incubation service
- Being informed of Africa-wide employment opportunities
- Open to citizens of African states;
- Applicants are accepted as learners subject to fulfilling the following criteria:
- Higher-education graduate of year 2006 or after or about to graduate in the next two years.
- Good knowledge of essential ICT technologies as proven by
- University degree in ICT specialization.
- Mininum 5-year work track in ICT proven by stamped reference letters and approved by the corresponding African state’s focal point
- Minimum 6-month international training record in software technologies proven by formal certificates and approved by the corresponding African state’s focal point.
- In case of limited seats, priority is given to those with university degree then to those with work experience then to those with training record.
Applicants must be prepared with the following documents/materials in order to upload them in the form:
- Letter of commitment (LoC)
- Graduation certificate (if you are not a student) and an enrollment letter from the University student affairs stating which year you are enrolled in with the last year’s Grade (if you are a student).
- A soft copy of the your National ID/Passport.
- If you are a graduate with no ICT degree applying, then you need to have a 5 years experience certificate of working in ICT or a 6-months international training certificate in ICT.
Note: You can save the application and continue filling it within the first 5 days of starting your application. You will receive a link to the form to continue filling information once you save your first filled page.
For more information, visit AAL.