Centre for East European and International Studies Internship Program 2019
Deadline: February 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Centre for East European and International Studies Internship Program 2019. The Centre for East European and International Studies (ZOiS) is looking for interns (full-time or part-time) from March/April or from September/October each year, for a period of three to six months.
The role will include work on research projects as well as the possibility to contribute to the communications department. The organisation’s external communication focuses on the public image of ZOiS and the dissemination of research findings to the public. The most important medium is their website, together with the social media channels Twitter and Facebook.
In addition, the communication department maintains the publications ZOiS Spotlight, ZOiS Report, Meet the Author, Work-in-Progress. This in particular includes editorial revision and translation of texts, interviews with authors of new research publications, and research of images and background information. The communications team also organises all ZOiS events, including conferences, workshops, press meetings, and lectures, and is responsible for press relations.
The tasks of the intern, depending on the field of activity, will be:
- Assistance in research projects: literature research, data analysis, visualisation and presentation of data and research findings, and support in conceiving new projects
- Background research for project- and event-related publications or lectures by ZOiS staff or for media requests
- Assisting the communications department: editorial support for ZOiS publications, social media and online editing, translations of texts for the website, assistance in the organisation of events, management of the contact database
- Interns are compensated with €300 per month;
- At the end of the internship, the intern will receive a certificate.
- Applications are accepted from students who want to complete a qualification internship in the framework of their studies;
- Microsoft Office skills and very good knowledge of German and English are necessary. Knowledge of Russian or another East European language is desirable.
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter, CV, and, if applicable, relevant internship certificates (in PDF form only; in one document) to bewerbung(at)zois-berlin(dot)de.
Please put the job reference number INT-03040910 in the subject line of your email message. Please indicate, if you would like to work on research projects and/or at the communications department and if on a full-time or part-time basis. Please let them know if yours is an obligatory internship, and if so, what the context is.
For more information, visit Centre for East European and International Studies.