Arab Student Starpack Competition 2019
Deadline: March 15, 2019
UNIDO and LibanPack are inviting applications for the third edition of Arab Student StarPack competition 2019 addressed to university students in the Arab Countries.
UNIDO is organizing Arab StarPack as part of its mission in ensuring an inclusive and sustainable development through industrial development by involving the youth and providing them with an invaluable opportunity to unleash their creativity and upgrade the packaging of their national products.
Through Arab Student StarPack, LibanPack and UNIDO will be creating a bridge between the young generation of future graphic designers, industrial and food engineers and industrialists. In this connection, interactions with other UNIDO projects such as PAMPAT and CCI would also foster synergies with creativity and agro-industry in the region as a mean to increase jobs and income opportunities.
- Visual Packaging: Suggesting new or improved visual design/artwork of an existing package. In this category, student has to improve the branding identity of the product.
- Structural Packaging: Suggesting new or improved structural packaging design (new mold/ new die cut) of an existing package. The student can even suggest changing the existing packaging material proposing a new sustainable material.
- Save the Food: This category falls under the structural category but is dedicated to food and agricultural products. It involves offering a new smart or intelligent packaging, to improve the supply of food to a growing global population and to prevent its waste and if possible the extension of shelf life of perishable products.
Winners will benefit from the following:
- Invitation to attend the award ceremony (Travel and accommodation will be covered by the organizers).
- Receive significant publicity and exposure among Arab Media.
- Gain invaluable experience from their participation in a regional competition.
- Possible Job opportunity with leading industries.
- Participation in the WPO World Star competition 2019.
- Arab StarPack trophy engraved with winner name that will be handed during the award ceremony.
- Possible additional Prizes from organizers and sponsors.
- Open only to Arab University Students currently enrolled in the faculties of Graphic Design, Product Design, Packaging, Industrial Engineering, Food Engineering or other related studies. Therefore graduate or professional designers can not participate in this competition.
For more information, visit Arab Student Starpack.