Swedish Institute Management Program Africa 2019 (Fully-funded to Sweden)
Deadline: February 22, 2019
Are you a change-maker? Do you want to be a part of a business network of emerging leaders? Join the Swedish Institute Management Program 2019 for new perspectives on lasting success through responsible leadership and sustainable business.
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Program (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The program challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in the global economy. By the end of the program you are a part of a long-lasting network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
- Kick-off, 3 days in one of the selected countries in Africa, 12 – 14 June 2019: You are introduced to the program curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning.
- Module 1, 2 weeks in Sweden, September 16 – 28, 2019: You deep dive into how sustainable business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
- Module 2, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Africa, 10 – 15 February 2020: The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You have the opportunity to visit and analyse a real business case.
All parts of the program are mandatory. The program is intense and includes evening activities.
- The following costs are covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the program
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from the kick-off and module 2
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all program modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
You can apply if
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1974 – 1994)
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
- You can take part in all parts of the program
- You are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the program
The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP application form
- An assessment of the CV
- The general qualifications of the applicant
- Create your application online in the application portal
- Save your application as a PDF
- Send your application together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before applying kindly note that it takes about 60 min or more to finish the application form and there is no session saving possibility. Please heave a headshot photo ready for uploading at the end of the application.
For more information, visit SIMP.