YSEALI-ENGAGE Workshop 2019 – Bandung, Indonesia (Funded)
Deadline: January 21, 2019
Applications are open for the YSEALI-ENGAGE Workshop 2019: Empowering the Next Generation for Advocacy and Grassroots Engagement on Noncommunicable Diseases taking place on April 29 – May 4, 2019 in Bandung, Indonesia.
Are you taking action to prevent noncommunicable diseases or poor mental health in your community? Would you like to connect with other young professionals to be able to do more? Then consider applying to the 2019 YSEALI-ENGAGE program, sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, the East Asia and Pacific Bureau of the U.S. Department of State, and RTI International.
The program is part of the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative, YSEALI. YSEALI-ENGAGE will empower the next generation for advocacy and grassroots engagement on noncommunicable diseases. Their goal is to equip and connect young leaders from ASEAN countries and Timor Leste to prevent the rise of noncommunicable diseases and poor mental health in their home communities.
- Selected participants will participate in an in-person workshop in Bandung, Indonesia April 29 – May 4, 2019 to build their knowledge and skills and to become a part of a network of leaders prepared to effectively and collaboratively address the burden of noncommunicable diseases and poor mental health in Southeast Asia.
- Participants will further benefit from online training, access to regional and global mentors, and opportunities to partner with relevant businesses, institutions, experts, and peers.
- They expect that the 44 selected participants will collaborate in multi-country teams to design innovative, wide-ranging solutions and campaigns to carry out upon their return home.
All program costs including flight/transportation, meals, and accommodation will be covered for the selected participants.
- Be a YSEALI member. Join YSEALI at https://yseali.state.gov/;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application;
- Have a valid passport with expiry date of September 2019 or later
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Laos, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, or Timor Leste;
- Be a resident of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Laos, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, or Timor Leste;
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Demonstrate interest in public health issues especially about community-based prevention campaigns or activities on noncommunicable diseases and/or mental health, whether through paid employment, volunteer work, unpaid internships, or coursework;
- Demonstrate a commitment in becoming socially active in affecting positive community change;
- Be willing to actively participate in an intensive program; and
- Be willing to implement a mini-project post-workshop in your community to help prevent and/or combat noncommunicable diseases and/or mental health conditions.
If you are not currently a YSEALI member, please sign up at prior to completing the application.
For more information, visit YSEALI-ENGAGE.