Deadline: May 31, 2019
Entries are invited for the TRT World Citizen Short Film Competition 2019. The Short Film Competition provides a platform for filmmakers to explore global humanitarian issues from a unique and creative perspective.
In this second year, the competition is being hosted as part of TRT World Citizen’s ‘Women of War’ Campaign, which highlights the situation faced by women in conflict zones. In war, women are frequently victims of systematic violence and oppression, but also serve as essential contributors to the peace process, and as leaders in rebuilding society after war. Your film submission should highlight the narratives of these women. All submissions must be guided by the subject of the campaign: ‘Women of War: Survivors. Peacemakers. Leaders.’
- First Place: $5000 USD Cash Prize, and an all-inclusive trip to Istanbul to attend the 2019 TRT World Citizen Awards, where your short film will be featured
- Second Place: $3000 USD Cash Prize
- Third Place: $2000 USD Cash Prize
- Films must be short narratives of 5-10 minutes. Any film outside these parameters will be immediately disqualified without exception.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
- Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway or Withoutabox).
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
- Short Films that are publicly available online are not eligible for the competition.
For more information, visit TRT World Citizen Short Film Competition.