ReSAKSS Data Challenge 2019 for Enthusiastic Data Users (Up to $3,000 prize)
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Applications are open for the ReSAKSS Data Challenge 2019. The ReSAKSS Data Challenge is a competition for enthusiastic data users to showcase their creativity and analytical skills using data and other resources on the ReSAKSS website to develop an innovative knowledge product or project that addresses a development challenge faced by Africa.
It will enable various groups of actors, whether in business, the media, or arts, civil society organizations to create content in their own line of occupation. More generally, the challenge encourages diverse communities with different backgrounds to come together to use data to generate knowledge, discuss and exchange on the common interest for data.
- Essays and Reports: The most innovative research paper, article, essay, or journal article bringing solution to African issues
- Visual Arts: The most innovative infographic, illustration, video
- IT Products and Services: The most innovative applications and tools
- High School Projects: The most innovative high school project
Prizes (scholarships and various gifts by ReSAKSS partners) will be given to first three places in each category as follow:
- 1st Prize: $3,000
- 2nd Prize: $2000
- 3rd Prize: $1000
- Targeted participants include but are not limited to researchers, analysts, and students in all disciplines, artists, media specialists, coders, developers, high school teams;
- Anyone in Africa and from the diaspora who is passionate about data and willing to create an innovative content, product or service relevant to social and economic development issues facing African countries can apply.
For more information, visit ReSAKSS Data Challenge.