Call for Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) Membership 2019
Deadline: March 24, 2019
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA), based at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) in Germany and the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) in Egypt, is pleased to announce its Call for Membership 2019.
AGYA promotes research cooperation among outstanding early-career researchers from all disciplines who are affiliated with a research institution in Germany or any Arab country. The academy supports innovative interdisciplinary projects by its members in various fields of research, science policy and education. Current AGYA members from 17 countries have realized joint projects and initiatives on topics such as Arab and German Education; Common Heritage and Common Challenges; Energy, Water and Environment; Health and Society; Innovation; and Transformation.
- AGYA offers its members a unique opportunity to take an active part in the life of the multidisciplinary academy and supports them to implement their own ideas, visions and creative projects in the framework of Arab-German research cooperation.
- AGYA membership is granted for up to 5 years followed by a lifelong membership in the alumni network of excellent researchers. Furthermore, AGYA connects its members with outstanding research institutions in Germany and the Arab countries and facilitates collaboration opportunities. Therefore, AGYA members have an exclusive access to an academic network of excellence.
- AGYA provides the funding to realize innovative research projects within its working groups and in joint projects between Arab and German members.
- Members meet regularly to discuss, develop and implement joint research initiatives on cutting-edge issues. Travel expenses for AGYA workshops and conferences are covered for all members.
- AGYA offers a range of training opportunities to enhance the academic careers as well as the interdisciplinary and intercultural skills of its members and promotes them as ambassadors of science and culture.
- Early-career researchers from any field of the Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences and the Arts are eligible to apply;
- Applicants must be affiliated with a university or a research institution in Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen);
- Applicants should be early career researchers. At the time of application, the candidate’s doctoral degree has preferably been awarded not less than three and no longer than ten years;
- Applicants must have full command of English, the working language of AGYA. No knowledge of German or Arabic is necessary.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents in English:
- Application form
- CV, including a list of publications
- Letter of motivation
- Two academic reference letters
- Consent for processing personal data & declaration on the accuracy of information provided
All documents should be submitted via email as a single PDF file to: [email protected].
For more information, visit AGYA.