International Trade Centre’s SheTrades Invest Program 2019 for African Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 7, 2019
Are you a woman entrepreneur? Do you want to grow your business?
#SheTrades is partnering with investors and financial institutions that empower women. Apply now for the SheTrades Invest program for a chance to get free training, mentoring and access to potential investors! SheTrades Invest is dedicated to supporting the connection between investors and women entrepreneurs in developing markets.
The International Trade Centre’s SheTrades initiative aims to connect 3 million women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to international markets by 2021. Under the umbrella of the SheTrades Initiative, SheTrades Invest is dedicated and focused on supporting the connection between investors and women entrepreneurs in developing markets.
Application process for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) owned by women or SMEs benefiting women.
Benefits for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) owned by women or SMEs benefiting women:
- Access to a range of local, regional and global investors and impact investors;
- Access to capacity building/technical Assistance from ITC;
- Increased level of competitiveness and a deeper understanding and knowledge of business practices, trade and investment.
- The enterprise must comply with at least one of the three criteria below:
- Be at least 51% owned by woman/women;
- Be at least 20% owned by woman/women, has at least one woman as CEO/COO/President/Vice President; and has at least 30% of the board of directors composed of women, where a board exists; or
- Be a SME benefitting women.
- Your company must be legally registered and operating in:
- Oman – Nigeria – Egypt – Rwanda – Ghana – Senegal – Iraq – South Africa – Ivory Coast – Tanzania – Jordan – Uganda – Kenya – Zambia
- Your company would preferably be operating in one of the following sectors:
- Textile & Apparel
- IT and BPO
- Beauty & Wellness
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please note, only selected applicants will be contacted.
For more information, visit SheTrades Invest.