Deadline: February 28, 2019
Are you a public health professional interested in improving communication and collaboration with other sectors, such as housing, education, health systems, and business, to improve health outcomes in your community? Then the new PHRASES Fellows program is for you!
This unique fellowship with the de Beaumont Foundation and the Aspen Institute’s Health, Medicine and Society Program will support public health pros in developing communication skills and strategies to frame public health messages in ways that resonate with other sectors. 15 PHRASES Fellows from across the country will be selected to take part in trainings and networking opportunities to support their own cross-sector work and to connect with other public health leaders working to reach across sectors.
PHRASES Fellows will receive:
All applicants must be:
- Actively or previously working as a public health professional in state or local government, or working closely with a state or local health department to improve public health (“state or local” applied to departments in states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories; tribal departments; and county and city departments).
- Able to participate in the following:
- Orientation Webinar – April 9, 2019 (2:00-4:00 pm EST)
- Communications Training – May 8, 2019 at the Aspen Institute in Washington, DC
- Toolkit Training and Launch – July 8, 2019 in Orlando, FL
- Willing and able to reach out to and educate other public health professionals about the PHRASES toolkit from July through December 2019.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria: