Deadline: March 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Bootcamp 2019. Organized by the U.S. Embassy in Malaysia in collaboration with Me.reka and Biji-biji Initiative, the inaugural YSEALI Boot Camp is a nationwide impact initiative seeking to match innovative solutions to local challenges.
This is your chance to bring your community’s issues to light and leverage available resources via their program to catalyze real change in the real world. Limited to only 50 participants per state, a total of 16 finalists throughout Malaysia will be selected to bring their ideas to life!
The boot camp will focus on 4 core themes:
- Sustainable Development
- Civic Engagement
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Only 2 groups from each location will be awarded a project grant of RM2,000 to kick-start and implement their solutions. A total of 16 awarded groups will be given the opportunity to present their final projects at the finale camp in Kuala Lumpur
- After the completion of each state’s boot camp, all 16 winners will be mentored by the YSEALI Boot Camp organizers, NGOs, and social enterprises for 3 months. Everyone can collaborate and solve the community issue together!
- Applicants must be current YSEALI member. Not yet? Join YSEALI here!
- Be 18 to 35 years old at the time of application
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential
- Mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in at least one of the areas of Education, Sustainable Development, Civic Engagement and Social Entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrate a commitment or interest in community service, volunteerism, or mentorship
- Individuals from underserved communities, including indigenous groups, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to candidates from underserved communities and also to candidates with no previous YSEALI experience
- Deadline for applications from participants in Selangor, Sabah, Sarawak, and Johor: 11:59 p.m., Friday, February 15, 2019.
- Deadline for applications from participants in Penang, Terengganu, Kelantan, and Kedah: 11:59 p.m., Friday, March 15, 2019.
For more information, visit YSEALI BootCamp.