Deadline: February 24, 2019
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with The Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) and Strathmore University are pleased to announce that they are offering up to 5 PhD scholarships in Health Management.
They invite highly qualified candidates to apply for these scholarships. Applications for DAAD PhD scholarships at Strathmore University must be in Healthcare Management. Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual application to DAAD.
- The scholarship includes full tuition fees, monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a full scholarship, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet
- Successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme. They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDeAL
- The scholarship is open to citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- You must have Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results;
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated programme or official letter assuring admission;
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for the scholarship, you first need an admission letter from Strathmore University as the host institution.
Submit all the documents listed in the Requirements for Application document and the DAAD information sheet 2019/2020. Please download the requirements document here. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click here to download the Reference Form.
- Click here to download the Graduate Application Form.
- Click here to download the DAAD Information Sheet.
For application and more information, visit DAAD In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarships.