Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN FAO) Internship Program 2019
Apply for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN FAO) Internship Program 2019. The FAO’s Internship Programme aims to provide a learning opportunity for talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The Internship Programme provides selected students — enrolled in an under-graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates — the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work experience in a field related to the work of FAO. It enables them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandates and programmes. The duration of an internship assignment is between 3 to 11 months. Interns cannot be rehired under the Internship Programme.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns. However, this provision is under revision.
- Candidates must be nationals of FAO Member Nations;
- Candidates must be students enrolled in an under-graduate or graduate degree programme in a bona fide educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates. Applicants pursuing their studies in a country where higher education is not divided into under-graduate and graduate stages must have completed at least three years of full-time studies towards the completion of a degree;
- Candidates must have working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian). Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset;
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship (i.e. internship should start before the candidate turns 31);
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes;
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment prior to the start of the internship assignment;
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father) employed by FAO under any type of contract are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Apply to “Calls for Expression of Interest”, which are published on the FAO employment website
- Interested candidates must apply through the i-recruitment system by submitting an online application form together with a motivation letter and the evidence of attendance at a recognized University.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, visit UN FAO Internships.