Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN FAO) Regular Volunteer Programme 2019
Applications for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN FAO) Regular Volunteer Programme 2019 are now open. The UN FAO runs its Regular Volunteer Programme to provide opportunities for individuals to contribute their voluntary actions, where suitable, to support FAO’s Strategic Objectives and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Programme proactively and strategically mobilizes broad-based voluntary services of citizens of the Member States, especially from the Global South. FAO’s Volunteer Programme offers a unique opportunity to qualified candidates to engage in a mutually beneficial experience, based on the spirit of volunteerism.
A stream of young, energetic and highly motivated volunteers from across the globe will enhance FAO’s innovation. The duration of a volunteer assignment is up to eleven months. FAO does not provide any remuneration to volunteers except for insurance coverage.
- Candidates must be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Candidates must have completed secondary school education
- Candidates must have working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian). Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset
- Candidates must be aged 18 or older
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the FAO Regular Volunteer Programme
- Apply to “Calls for Expression of Interest”, which are published on the FAO employment website
- All applicants must apply through the i-recruitment system by submitting an online application form together with a motivation letter
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
For more information, visit UN FAO.