Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
Deadline: February 22, 2019
Applications are open for the Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019. To secure the future and foster the career growth of its high-achieving graduates, CARTA is offering the 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis in line with specific evaluation parameters. The purpose of the fellowship is for the Post-Doc fellow to gain specific skills, expand their networks and work in a research-active environment where they will engage with role models, receive strong mentorship and learn the demands of the community and public engagement.
The fellowships will be awarded for a maximum of 12 months, in line with the “CARTA POST DOCTORATE AWARD GUIDELINES”. Two modes of post-doctoral fellowships will be considered as follows:
- Full-time fellowships for 12 months, whereby the fellow will be resident at the host institution for the entire fellowship period;
- Split fellowships, whereby the fellow will be expected to make at most three visits of not less than three months to only one host institution over the 12-month period.
- The postdoctoral fellowship award will be up to a maximum of US$ 48,000 and will include travel costs, a monthly stipend of US$3,000 and funds for formation of new research collaborations and partnerships, development of pilot projects, training opportunities on specific research skills and attendance of an international conference;
- Due to the short-term nature of the postdoctoral research fellowship program, the fellowships will not cover accompanying dependents
- Applicants must be PhD graduates of the CARTA program;
- They must demonstrate strong commitment to research capacity building at their institution as well as potential for research leadership.
Applicants must contact the CARTA Secretariat to get the application form.
Applicants must submit the following documents to the CARTA Secretariat at [email protected], and copy the same to their focal person(s):
- A completed application form.
- Updated CV, showing publications and awards.
- A statement from the current employer indicating willingness to release and readmit the applicant at the end of the postdoctoral training period
- Letters of support, from:
- a senior academician, from your home institution, who understands your research and potential;
- your Head of Department or Dean;
- the prospective host institution indicating:
- its willingness to host the applicant; and
- the name of the proposed mentor.
- your proposed mentor (including his/her CV) from the host institution(s).
- E-copies of your most significant publications over the last three years
Contact the CARTA secretariat [email protected] to get more details on the expected deliverables, outcomes of the fellowship as well as the evaluation and the application form.
For more information, visit CARTA.