Deadline: March 31, 2019
Apply for the second batch of Goonj Fellowship 2019-2020. The 1-year fellowship is an immersion experience for young graduates and professionals to understand the practical aspects of working on issues and an opportunity to observe the realities of India first-hand.
Goonj, a 20 years old award-winning nonprofit working pan India, started its fellowship chapter last year with its first cohort of 15 fellows from diverse backgrounds. Goonj’s aim is to create more doers, following the words of Mr. Anshu Gupta “India doesn’t need more thinkers anymore, it needs more doers”. They are looking for some people with a passion to make a difference. If one is tired of thinking about solutions and wants to do something, then this Fellowship is the place for you!
- Fellowship is for 12 months and a tough one!
- Fellows will be given 20 leaves a year + regular national holidays.
- Fellowship Stipend will be a fixed amount ranging between Rs 18000 – Rs 20000 per month, depending on the city. This will be all inclusive of travel, phone, internet etc.
- City travel allowances will be reimbursed based on actuals.
Some highlights of the fellowship:
- It gives you a chance to work on innovative ideas and execute them pan-India.
- You get hands on experience connecting with Goonj’s ongoing/planned campaigns in collaboration with its internal stakeholders and contributors.
- You work with Goonj’s experienced rural and urban implementation teams on the last mile challenges and grassroots problems and solutions.
- You create your own action plan within the social sector under the mentorship of an expert panel.
- You connect with inspiring social entrepreneurs and interact with Magsaysay Awardee and Goonj Founder Mr. Anshu Gupta.
The fellowship will involve three segments:
- First: Engaging you in an ambitious pan India urban campaign involving strategic thinking, logistics, communication, people handling and managerial responsibilities.
- Second: Planning and executing time-bound ideas and projects addressing an urban/rural problem, supported by Goonj.
- Third: Making sense of it all.. You will reflect back and chart out an action plan for yourself (post fellowship) in consultation with some industry mentors, guiding you through the process.
The fellowship is designed to give an outlet to your entrepreneurial and passionate self and nudge you to work on an action plan on a social issue that bothers you.
- This fellowship is open to applicants between 21 – 30 years. With maximum being 30 years of age as on June 1st, 2019
- Minimum qualification – graduation in any discipline.
- Open for Indian citizens only..
For more information, visit Goonj Fellowship.