Sanofi Challenge 2019 for African e-health Startups
Deadline: February 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Sanofi Challenge 2019 for African e-health Startups. The challenge calls on African e-health Startups to proffer affordable and easy solutions to overcome some prevalent challenges in the health system in Africa.
Africa is a very diverse continent with major health challenges that require dynamic, innovative approaches to ensure the future health of the populations.
At Sanofi, they have been committed to the communities and people right across Africa for more than 50 years. They feel it is their responsibility to use their expertise, knowledge and experience to continuously seek out the most innovative, adapted approaches to improve access to medicines and healthcare for the people of Africa. Whether it is preventing disease or managing illness, they strive to integrate the latest technologies to make their innovations and services accessible to millions of people around Africa.
- Challenge 1: How to enhance awareness, diagnosis and disease management of patients suffering from Diabetes?
- Challenge 2: How to improve the access to medicines in remote areas from supply chain management to alternative payment solutions?
- Challenge 3: How to support decision-makers in getting a better usage of available health data?
- Be in the AfricaTech Lab at VivaTech: Free booth & tickets
- A corner to demonstrate your solution to the attendees in the Lab
- Develop your network with key stakeholders and investors
- 4 tickets / 3 days at VivaTech
- Pitch & Meet during the event: Reward at VivaTech
- Opportunity to attend a pitch preparation workshop the day before VivaTech
- Pitch in front of a jury composed of Sanofi top executives and key external stakeholders
- Scale up: Collaboration reward
- Engage deep discussion with expert functions and Sanofi in Africa General Managers to assess feasibility of future collaboration in Africa (e.g. potential pilot, potential investment by Sanofi VC…)
- Coaching / Mentoring & potential acceleration, with involvement of Sanofi Africa Leadership team
- Opportunity for financial help and an access to Sanofi internal expertise to support your business and your international growth strategy
- Open to African startups with at least a proof of concept with positive results in one Africa country;
- Maturity: including technology, seniority, workforce, turnover, fundraising;
- Relevance of solution, market potential & business model;
- Skills & Expertise including team skills and prior experiences;
- Scientific evidence is requested when applicable.
For more information, visit Sanofi Challenge.