Deadline: March 31, 2019
The Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young Professors and Researchers from Latin American Universities is open for applications. The scholarship was launched for the first time on January 2004. This initiative, which offers grants to finance short-term research visits, aims at favouring mobility and academic exchange between both regions.
The Coimbra Group is an association of 39 European universities which promotes exchanges between European and Latin American researchers and academics. This call for applications for research visit grants is one of the ways in which exchanges are supported.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2019/2020 edition of the scholarship programme:
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- Karl Franz University of Graz (Austria)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi (Romania)
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Tartu (Estonia)
- To be a national of and currently resident in a Latin American country. Candidates already living and/or studying in Europe will not be considered.
- To hold a university degree or equivalent.
- To be linked as a professor or researcher to a Latin American University recognised as such by the authorities of the country.
- To use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process. Only one application per candidate will be accepted.
- To submit online an Acceptance Letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- To be born on or after 1 January 1979.
- Previously selected candidates can apply for a second grant, but they will not be prioritised.
Applications should be submitted in English, but we will accept applications in Spanish when applying to Spanish institutions and in Portuguese when applying to the University of Coimbra. No other language exceptions will be accepted.
- Applicants should provide the name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest you visit the website of your chosen institution or get in touch with the contact person at the host institution whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group Office is not in the position to provide assistance in this.
- All applicants are requested to provide a letter/e-mail of acceptance (to be submitted together with your application) written by the head of the academic supervisor or administrative unit of the host university where you would like to carry out the proposed working plan. The letter should state that the supervisor is willing to work with you in case you obtain a Coimbra Group Scholarship.
- Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made.
- The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically this will be during the academic year 2019/2020.
For more information, visit Coimbra Group.