UNFCCC Momentum for Change Global Climate Action Awards 2019 (Fully-funded to the UN Climate Change Conference in Chile)
Deadline: April 30, 2019.
Applications are open for the United Nations Global Climate Action awards. Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
Momentum for Change is an initiative of the UN Climate Change secretariat (UNFCCC) shining a light on climate action.
If your project is selected as a winning activity under the Women for Results, Planetary Health, or Climate Neutral Now categories*, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including
- Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Chile;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training;
- Marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- Adedicated page about your project on their website; and
- Professional photography.
*Winning projects under the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment category will need to be self-funded to the conference and provide their own video and photo materials.
- Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2019 Lighthouse Activity.
Your activity must meet the eligibility criteria for its respective area of focus. Please note that each of the four areas of focus has its own criteria. In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scalable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
If your institution has successfully implemented a project, initiative, program or other activity that addresses climate change mitigation or adaptation while focusing on one of the four areas outlined below, they would like to hear about it.
The 2019 call for applications includes the following four areas of focus:
- Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
- Planetary Health, recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet;
- Climate Neutral Now, recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
If you are leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, they want to hear from you!
For more information, visit Momentum for Change.