Calling African musicians! Apply to Showcase at ACCES 2019 in Accra, Ghana (Funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2019
The Conference for the Exchange In Showcases invites continent-based African musicians to apply to perform at the ACCES 2019 showcases in Accra, Ghana from November 14th to 16th. ACCES, organized by the Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF) in a different African city every year, offers a strong program and platforms for artists to perform in front of a diverse audience of local and international delegates, including festival programmers, promoters, spinners, record companies and other influential audiences.
Launched in Dakar in 2017 , and held in Nairobi in 2018, the event includes training workshops, round tables, presentations, live concerts, networking sessions, exhibitions and visits to key venues in Nairobi. musical industry in the host city. Delegates from more than 50 countries are expected this year.
- The artists will receive a modest stamp.
- Local transportation will be provided (for representation-related trips).
- Accommodation will be provided for artists based outside Accra (at dates defined in connection with the performance).
- Artists based outside Accra will receive a per diem.
- VISA fees will be refunded upon presentation of receipts.
- Artists will be given a pass giving them full access to ACCES activities.
- The artists will be promoted through the Music In Africa and ACCES platforms (program, newsletters, press releases, website, social networks).
- ACCES will provide a classic sound and light device and a basic backline.
- ACCES will provide media coverage.
- ACCES will provide tools for artists and their representatives to create new contacts and audiences, as well as B2B-like opportunities.
NB: Musicians based outside Accra must be prepared to finance transportation costs to and from Accra themselves. The Music In Africa Foundation will strive to help musicians apply for funding from available networks and partners, but can not guarantee support; it is therefore important to make sure before applying.
Only musicians from MIAConnects countries (Chad, Mali, Niger, Nigeria (North), Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan) will be covered for their travel expenses through the MIAConnects mobility support program. they are selected.
The showcases are intended for emerging musicians who can offer exceptional live performances and who are ready for the international scene. ACCES programmers are also looking for musicians who will really benefit from this opportunity. As this event takes place in Ghana the focus will also be on local bands in order to present the best of the local music scene.
- This call is open to African musicians (solo artists, bands, DJs, etc.) based on the continent.
- All musical genres are accepted.
- All participants must be over 18 years old.
- All applications must be based on live concerts. Representations supporting political parties or religious faith will not be permitted.
- Candidates must be available throughout the duration of the event and be ready to perform on any date (14-16 November 2019).
Please note that your application is based on your Music In Africa profile.
Your profile must contain:
- A clear biography
- At least three pieces of music
- At least one live video
- At least two promotional photos in high definition
- Links to the pages of your social networks
Click here to create your profile.
For more information, visit ACCES 2019.