National Press Foundation International Trade Training for Journalists in Asia 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 5, 2019
Applications are open for the National Press Foundation International Trade Training for Journalists in Asia 2019. The National Press Foundation is offering a four-day workshop on all aspects of sustainable international trade, including economic growth, social and environmental impacts, foreign direct investment, China’s unique role, research and data, and more.
The National Press Foundation offers this professional development opportunity for journalists to enhance skills, increase knowledge and recharge their reporting on one of today’s most critical issues. The training will be held June 17-20 in Hong Kong. Journalists chosen to attend the training will be required to share the knowledge they have gained during the program with their colleagues at home. This is supported through the Train-the-Trainer program and a small stipend.
- The all-expenses-paid program covers airfare, ground transportation, hotel costs and meals.
- The Journalist to Journalist International Trade Training is open to Asian-based journalists.
You cannot save an incomplete application and return to it later, so please have everything you need before starting the application form! They will not consider late or incomplete applications.
Here’s what you’ll need (all submissions must be in English):
- Two samples of your work (from within the last year)
- A letter of support from an editor or supervisor (if you’re a freelancer, a letter from someone who has edited or published your work)
You also should be prepared to tell the organizers:
- Why are you interested in this program?
- How will you use this program to benefit your audience?
- Who are you? A brief, narrative autobiography.
For more information, visit National Press Foundation.