Thomson Foundation Journalism Now World Team Challenge 2019 (Win a fully-funded work-study trip in London)
Deadline: March 1, 2019
The Thomson Foundation Journalism Now World Team Challenge 2019 is open for entries. The Journalism Now Team Challenge gives a group of participants the chance to win an all-expenses-paid one week UK work-study trip in London during the autumn of 2019. Best regional performers will also be chosen and honoured and prizes will be awarded for exceptional content.
It’s your chance to create a media brand on a social media page, channel or other medium of your choice with mentoring from the Journalism Now experts. Successfully completing the competition will also earn participants a multimedia journalism certificate worth 50 hours of CPD (continuing professional development).
Journalism Now is a series of online interactive courses designed and led by industry experts providing the latest in digital and multimedia skills. The global learning environment gives exclusive access to live training and mentoring sessions, run by leading journalists, and a unique knowledge-sharing platform.
London one-week UK media study tour for winning group as well as monthly prizes for outstanding performers. Access to premium online content, exclusive interactive live sessions and mentorship with leading media practitioners.
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- The winners are responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select other winners.
- Only one entry and one group per person. Groups must be made up of a minimum of three participants and no more than five. (If you cannot form a group, let us know and we will connect you with other participants to help you form a group).
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The prize in autumn 2019 is subject to successful visa applications, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the winners’ images, name and voice for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Entrants into the competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Here’s how to enter, in three steps:
- 1) Form a group made up of a minimum of three and a maximum of five members of practising or aspiring journalists and register using the following form below.
- Group members do not need to be based in the same location as long as you are able to collaborate. If you are not able to form a team, apply as an individual and we will help you form a group with other individual applicants.
- 2) Once you’ve registered, you will be invited into Journalism Now where a team space will be set up for you and where you will receive instructions on how to successfully complete the competition.
- 3) Next, you will work with your team to create a dynamic media brand (eg web based, on social media or other medium of your choice) to serve an audience that you will identify. We will offer guidance and online learning opportunities to help you create, publish, and distribute your content to your designated audience, using analytics and feedback to improve your chances for success.
For more information, visit Thomson Foundation.