VSO Rwanda needs English Literacy and Numeracy Teaching Adviser
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Applications are open to volunteer as a Foundational English Literacy and Numeracy Teaching Adviser with VSO Rwanda. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a large and dynamic team aiming to improve children’s learning outcomes.
The work you do will influence every primary school in Rwanda, changing how they teach literacy and numeracy. You’ll provide high-quality teacher training, focusing on innovative and sustainable evidence-based approaches. You’ll also be working with a team of national volunteers, impacting upon 400 English and Mathematics teachers in your district.
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. They are unique in the way they bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
- Applicant should have a primary education degree or Post-Graduate Certificate of Education;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of teaching foundational English literacy and numeracy;
- Demonstrable understanding of learner-centred pedagogic techniques;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Good written skills in English;
- Ability to produce accurate, reflective reports with reference to qualitative and quantitative data;
- Key qualities of relationship-building, adaptability and resilience
For more information, visit VSO Rwanda.