CERN Short Term Internship Program 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland (Stipend available)
Are you an undergraduate in the technical or administrative fields and you’re looking to spend a few months training “on-the-job”? Imagine doing your internship at CERN in Geneva.
The European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN) is offering a limited number of places in their practical training programme from between 1 to 6 months geared towards your particular field of study.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Cost and Benefits
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,510 Swiss Francs. Please note, however, that the cost of living in Geneva is high and this allowance is just a complement. You should have adequate financial resources to support yourself in the local area.
- You will need to have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
- You are a full-time student at undergraduate (post-secondary) level and are at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields such as: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- Your work at CERN must be an obligatory or recommended part of your studies.
- You will be returning to your educational establishment after completion of your stay at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
All you need is a good CV!
You can apply for a place at any time throughout the year and can indicate your availabilities. Your application will then be reviewed by CERN experts and if successful, you will be contacted by the programme coordinator. Please be aware that they only have a limited number of places for this programme.
For application and more information, visit CERN Short Term Internship.