UNU-CRIS Internship Programme 2019 for Graduate students
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Applications for the UNU-CRIS Internship Programme 2019 are now open. The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) offers students with an interest and background in regional integration studies the opportunity to take part in the activities of the Institute. Internships are intended for undergraduate and graduate students.
The duties of UNU-CRIS Interns involve:
- research tasks related to the research programme of interest based on the needs of the supervisor and on the ongoing projects and research activities at the time of the internship
- presentation of the work performed during the research stay at one of the research brunches, which are informal gatherings bringing together UNU-CRIS researchers
- assistance in administrative and other tasks, as needed
Besides, interns are welcome to take part in seminars, workshops, conferences and other events organised by UNU-CRIS, including informal briefings and roundtable discussions.
Cost and Benefits
- Office space, computer facilities, and access to the libraries of UNU-CRIS, UNU, Ghent University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and the College of Europe are provided;
- While internships are non-remunerated, travel costs incurred by attendance at UNU-CRIS related events are reimbursed;
- In addition, Bruges’ favourable location close to Brussels provides direct access to the seat of the European Union and other international organisations, as well as a number of universities and research centres based in the Belgian capital;
- Although admitted candidates are required to arrange their own travel, housing, and health insurance, UNU-CRIS will provide advice and support to help facilitate the search process.
- Be enrolled in a master’s programme or hold a master’s degree
- Demonstrate a strong interest in regional integration studies and specifically in one of the research programmes of the Institute, namely:
- The Role of Regions in Global Governance
- Monitoring Regional Integration
- The UN and Public Regional Goods
- Be eager to contribute to the research projects and activities of the Institute
- Thrive under pressure and be able to act quickly and efficiently
- Possess excellent English communicating and writing skills
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Be available for a minimum duration of three months up to a maximum of six months
Interested candidates shall submit their application online.
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of motivation
- a letter of recommendation
For more information, visit UNU-CRIS Internship.