Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program 2019
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Are you an early stage social entrepreneur looking to unlock your potential and create impact? Apply for the Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program 2019.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 4-month intensive fully sponsored entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides early stage social entrepreneurs with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
The program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 20 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises.
Some benefits of being part of the Africa YES 2019 program includes:
- Develop your entrepreneurial leadership skills
- Hands-on approach on building and growing your social venture
- Access a network of entrepreneurs, mentors and opportunities (including internships, funding and workshops)
- Access funding up to a total $15,000 USD (zero-equity funding)
- Access free co-working space for 3 months
- Potential exchange program with young entrepreneurs from South Korea
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change makers who are out to create viable businesses as but create impact in their local community and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must solve a clear social problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least five paying customers or making a revenue of at least $200
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from March to June, 2019
- The applicant can commit to do weekly assignments/tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
For more information, visit Africa YES Program.