European Commission Media Literacy Awards 2019
Deadline: February 27, 2019
In the context of the European Media Literacy Week, the European Commission is opening a call for applications from inspiring and/or impactful projects in the field of media literacy. The seven best applicants will be invited to Brussels to compete for three Awards at the high-level conference of the European Media Literacy Week, which will be hosted by Commissioner Mariya Gabriel on March 19, 2019.
At the end of the conference the Commission will honour the most interesting projects by handing out three Media Literacy Awards, one in each of the following categories:
- Award for the most innovative media literacy project
- Award for the most educative media literacy project
- Award for the media literacy project with the greatest European potential
- Transportation and accommodation costs linked to the participation in the conference on March 19, 2019 will be covered by the organisers for one representative per selected finalist.
- The main focus of the project is promotion of media literacy (as defined by Recital 59 of the revised Audiovisual Media Services Directive) in one or more European countries;
- Applicants must be established (in the case of organisations) or be citizens or residents (in the case of individuals) of at least one EU Member State, EEA/EFTA Member State or EU Candidate Country;
- Projects in any of the EU’s official languages will be eligible. However, the application form must be completed in the English language only;
- There are no specific requirements for the format or length of resources, programmes or campaigns, but the project is required to have been undertaken in the last two years (after January 1, 2017).
- Originality and innovation: How innovative is the media literacy project compared to other initiatives in the field?
- Impact and scalability: The (potential) impact on the intended target groups and the potential of the project to be scaled up to address a wider audience.
- Clarity of presentation: The description is clear and easy to understand.
Please send your completed form via e-mail to CNECT-MEDIA-LITERACY@ec.europa.eu. Please rename the file according to the following example: “ML Awards 2019_PROJECT NAME”
For more information, visit European Commission Media Literacy Awards.