Zukunftskolleg’s AAA Fellowships for Early Career Researchers 2019 (stipend of €1,200)
Deadline: March 31, 2019/April 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Zukunftskolleg’s AAA Fellowships for Early Career Researchers 2019. The Zukunftskolleg’s AAA Fellowships support early career researcher from Africa, Asia and Latin America. The AAA Fellowships have a duration of up to three (or six) months and are offered to researchers related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz.
Fellows can use this time to extend their research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing ties to their home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, they also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. As a AAA Fellow, you will have a Zukunftskolleg Fellow as a partner who will help you integrate into your respective department and will support you during your research.
- Status as associated Fellow at the Zukunftskolleg;
- The opportunity to present your research work to an interdisciplinary community at the Zukunftskolleg’s weekly Jour Fixe;
- Interaction with a lively international community of peers and support with contacting other researchers in your area of research;
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support, Academic Staff Development);
- Access to soft skill and cultural awareness courses (via Welcome Center, Academic Staff Development and external cooperation partners).
- Funding follows DAAD rules and will include a stipend of €1,200/month and a contribution to travelling to Konstanz and back.
- You are from an AAA country;
- You hold a doctorate or equivalent professional qualification OR are a doctoral student in your last year. Please provide either the certificate or a letter from your supervisor commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis;
- You do not hold a permanent academic position or a professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi);
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the Univer- sity of Konstanz;
- You should identify a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate. Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of the current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Please submit your application documents in English as a single PDF file to [email protected] Applications should include:
- Description or short summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages);
- CV and a copy of your doctoral certificate or a letter of your supervisor commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis;
- Timeline and objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg (Please note that funds have to be spent by October 31, 2019);
- A letter of support will strengthen the application. For doctoral students a letter from the supervisor is sufficient.
For more information, visit Zukunftskolleg’s AAA Fellowships.