Deadline: March 17, 2019
Applications are invited for the NATO Internship Programme 2019. The internship programme is organised by the NATO Headquarters with the aim of providing a small number of current or recent students with the opportunity to intern with the International Staff at NATO Headquarters in Brussels.
The NATO Internship Programme has four main objectives:
- To provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
- To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
- To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
- To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
- Interns receive a lump sum of EUR 1,069.60 per month. The salary is not exempt from taxation
- Interns will be reimbursed for their travel expenses on taking up duty and on leaving the service based on a return economy ticket and for an amount of up to EUR 1,200
- After three months of service, interns shall be entitled to leave (including sick leave) at the rate of 2.5 working days for every month of service completed.
- Applicant must be over 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of a NATO Member State
- Must have completed at least two years successfully and are enrolled in your third year in the university or you will have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago
- You will have proficiency in one of the two official NATO languages (English and French), and a working knowledge of the other will be considered as an asset. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage as specified in the internship description
Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
For more information, visit NATO Internship.