SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program 2019 (Funding available)
Deadline: April 1, 2019
Applications for the SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program 2019 are now open. The purpose of this Fellowship Program is to support infectious disease physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select biomedical institutions in Switzerland.
The objectives of the Fellowship Program are:
- To train promising young physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries for clinical and research positions in infectious diseases.
- To foster partnerships between fellows and infectious disease leaders in Switzerland.
- To increase scientific research capacity in under-resourced/high disease burden countries.
- A financial stipend of up to 36,000 SF per year (approximately $35,500 USD) will be given to Fellows to cover travel costs and living expenses. The program intends to award two fellowships every year.
- Open to residents of low and middle income countries as classified by the World Bank who have either a M.D. or Ph.D. in a relevant field and hold a position at a medical, research or public health institution;
- Applicants are required to be proficient in writing and speaking English and either German (for Basel, Bern, Zurich and St. Gallen) or French (for Geneva and Lausanne). Applicants who propose a research-only fellowship do not need French or German fluency.
Applications should be made using the online submissions system and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of commitment from the applicant’s home institution guaranteeing position upon completion of the fellowship
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement describing career goals and objectives, and relevance of training
For more information, visit SSI/ISID Fellowship.