Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) Laboratory Training Programme 2019
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) Laboratory Training Programme 2019. The training is for students interested in pursuing a research career in the Biomedicine and Life Sciences. Up to 8 summer training positions will be awarded during 2019 to university students undertaking undergraduate degrees within the biomedical Life Sciences in any country.
Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background. The student will be working under the supervision of the group/unit leader or a member of the research group. The participants will attend a series of seminars given by faculty members and researchers from the CNIO. Students will be required to present the results of their summer projects at the end of the programme.
- Travel expenses and meals at the CNIO cafeteria will be covered for summer training programme students during their stay at the centre. In addition, students without public health assistance benefits in Spain will be covered with a private health insurance provided by the CNIO for the same period of time (8 weeks).
- Open to undergraduate students of any nationality who have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (e.g. Biology, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Bioinformatics).
- You must maintain your undergraduate student status throughout the whole summer programme (June 24 to August 16, 2019);
- You must have an excellent academic track record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator);
- You must have a good knowledge of English;
- You must be available from June 24 to August 16 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
- Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic record and letter of motivation.
For more information, visit CNIO Laboratory Training Programme.