Akademie Schloss Solitude International Residency Fellowship 2020–2021 (Fully-funded to Stuttgart, Germany)
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Applications are now open for the 2020–2021 Akademie Schloss Solitude Residency Fellowship for international artists, scientists, and cultural professionals. Residencies at Akademie Schloss Solitude enable fellows to devote themselves to their research projects under favorable material and intellectual conditions. For the 17th time, Akademie Schloss Solitude is granting approximately 50 to 65 residency fellowships of six, nine or twelve months in duration.
More than 1,400 artists from more than 120 countries have developed and advanced projects at the Akademie since its opening in 1990, creating a close-knit, global network of Solitude alumni that expands from year to year. It is essential for the self-conception of Akademie Schloss Solitude that fellows of all spheres of practice are enabled to work and research free of daily pressures and presentation deadlines. Besides the realization of numerous public events, the online platform Schlosspost allows international visibility of fellows and their projects.
International artists are invited to apply from the following spheres of practice:
- VISUAL (visual arts and media)
- AURAL & PHYSICAL (music and performing arts)
- DIGITAL (digital art, gaming, digital journalism, digital publishing)
- SPATIAL(architecture and design)
- TEXTUAL (literature and language)
- SOCIETAL (education, mediation, theory)
- SCIENTIFIC(humanities, social, natural and economic sciences).
For the first time in its 30-year history, Akademie Schloss Solitude is expanding its profile with the addition of a thematic call. In cooperation with, Akademie Schloss Solitude is launching the new program with the specific content-related focus »Mutations«. To foster transdisciplinary and transcultural dialogue between the arts, sciences and society, young professionals from all fields are invited to engage in this topic in a focused group conversation. The 9-month program aims to encourage critical reflection and artistic production as well as encounters across disciplines.
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating
- A monthly fellowship grant of € 1,200
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
- International artists, scientists, and cultural professionals are invited to apply for fellowships in the spheres listed above.
- The candidates should not be older than 40.
- Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered.
- Applications of artist groups are possible.
- The main language is English.
The decision regarding the fellowships’ allocation is taken by independent specialist jurors responsible for the various spheres. Fellowships are usually awarded for a period between six, nine or twelve months.
The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows are obliged to spend at least two thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie.
Applicants will find all information, be able to register and download the application form on the application page.
For more information, visit Akademie Schloss Solitude.