Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum – AWIEF Awards 2019
Deadline: May 15, 2019
The 2019 Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum — AWIEF Awards is now open. AWIEF is a premier, pan-African organisation that promotes, supports, showcases and celebrates African women entrepreneurship. Each year the AWIEF Awards recognise, honour and celebrate Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners in Africa and across industry sectors, for their economic performance and contribution to Africa’s growth and social development. AWIEF salutes these women for their passion and determination in making a difference in their countries and on the continent.
The AWIEF Awards cover emerging and established entrepreneurship in the private and not-for-profit sectors. Pioneers or not, AWIEF Awards candidates are women who have demonstrated outstanding vision and inspiration, and have overcome challenges to make a significant social impact and/or become successful in their businesses along AWIEF’s core areas of innovation, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and socio-economic development.
The 2019 AWIEF Awards will be presented in the following eight (8) categories:
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a young female entrepreneur under the age of 35, who has demonstrated exceptional entrepreneurial spirit and skills to build and grow a successful business, and is an inspiration to other young entrepreneurs.
- TECH ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award seeks to recognise a woman entrepreneur who has used science and technology to create an innovative business, offering new knowledge, service, product or solution.
- SOCIAL ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a woman who with her business has made significant social impacts in the community and has proffered solutions to social, cultural, technology, education, environment or financial challenges with her innovative product or service.
- GLOBAL BRAND AWARD: The Global Brand Award goes to a woman entrepreneur or business owner who has created a world-class product or service that is easily recognisable as a global brand.
- AGRI ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a woman who has achieved significant recognition and business success in the field of agriculture and agribusiness with great impact on food security in her community or country.
- EMPOWERMENT AWARD: The Empowerment Award goes to a woman who has greatly contributed and invested in inspiring, mentoring and empowering other women entrepreneurs.
- CREATIVE INDUSTRY AWARD: This Award recognises the disruptive and creative entrepreneurial excellence of a woman in the film, music, food, beauty, art, fashion, media, advertising, design, or crafts industry.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an established woman entrepreneur for prolonged and consistent achievements in business. This individual is a role model who has displayed exceptional and outstanding business leadership over time. This Award also recognises the significant contribution made to job creation and the economy.
- Five nominees will be shortlisted for each category and invited to the AWIEF Awards on Wednesday 30 October 2019 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Eligibility and Nomination guideline
- Open to Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners in Africa
- Nomination should only be made relating to achievements made by a female entrepreneur and national of an African country, with a registered business and operation in one or more African countries.
- Nominees can be nominated or self-nominated.
- You can nominate a woman entrepreneur for more than one category but you must complete different nomination forms.
- You may be asked to support or verify the evidence you supply as part of the nominations you make.
Nominations should only be made relating to achievements made by a female entrepreneur and national of an African country. Nominees can be nominated or self-nominated.
For more information, visit AWIEF Awards.