UK-China Newton Researchers Link Workshop 2019 in Shanghai, China (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 1, 2019
Applications are invited for the UK-China Newton Researchers Link Workshop 2019. Under the Researcher Links scheme of the Newton Fund, the British Council and the National Science Foundation of China are sponsoring a workshop in Shanghai, China from June 14-16, 2019.
Urbanisation is one of the fastest-growing trends in the world, with one billion people adding to the global urban population by 2030, and much of this growth is located in China. This puts tremendous strain on quality of life and sustainability in growing cities. The workshop will bring together researchers in science, engineering, social sciences, environment, business, law, architecture and economics, from China and the UK, who have an enthusiasm for multidisciplinary cooperation to address the challenges of the sustainable, low-carbon city.
The workshop aims are to:
- Foster interdisciplinary working across physical science, social science, economic, regulatory and business domains which are all essential to address the complex, multidimensional sustainable-city challenges.
- Break down communication barriers and enhance understanding between disciplines in the sustainable city context.
- Extend participants’ awareness of low-carbon city challenges.
- Develop draft collaborative proposals on identified sub themes.
- Accelerate cooperation on strong research and innovation themes.
- The costs of travel, accommodation and meals during the workshop will be covered.
- Open to early career researchers;
- They must have obtained a PhD within 10 years prior to the workshop;
- Participants must also have links to UK or Chinese higher education, research institutions or relevant industrial R&D organisations;
- The workshop will be held in English.
To apply, fill in the application form and send it to the coordinators at the e-mail address: email@example.com
For more information, visit UK-China Newton Researchers Link Workshop.