D-Prize Global Competition 2019 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs worldwide ($20,000 prize)
Deadline: May 12 and June 2, 2019
Applications for the D-Prize Global Competition 2019 are now open! D-Prize funds new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below? If selected we will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- + GIRL’S EDUCATION
- + AGRICULTURE
- + ENERGY
- + GLOBAL HEALTH
- + EDUCATION
- + GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- + CUSTOM
If selected they will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000.
- The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
Besides direct funding, D-Prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the pilot proves successful. They will also provide you access to the D-Prize network of past winners, and will do our best to support you in other ways.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur.
- You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
- If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
- D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world.
- They do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
The D-Prize judging panel is composed of individuals with professional experience distributing life-changing technologies in the developing world. Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory.
- Focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world.
- Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Proposals must be written in English.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- Early Submission Deadline: May 12th, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 2nd, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 400 people who register): June 23rd, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- ROUND 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s).
- ROUND 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 page proposal. You will have four weeks to submit.
- FINAL ROUND: Top entrepreneurs interview. Winners will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- LAUNCH: Spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture and help millions of people.
For more information, visit D-Prize.